Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I hope this info will help some new guys like me that wants to find out how far can you go on a full tank of gas. I am a new owner of a 2003 XLT 1200cc 155HP Waverunner. Great Jet ski!!
I took my son with me and we dropped at the Cumberland River, just bellow the Hendersonville Dam.
I 200lbs, my 13ys old 120 lbs. We rode for 4 hs. Taking a couple of brakes along the way.
We rode all the way past Nashville and back. 79 miles all together and I had a little less than 1/4 of tank when we stopped. Looked like I still have 2 or 3 gallons. I will find out for sure when I filled up again tomorrow.
We cruised on the river around 30mph, 4.5 rpm, and Maximum Speed was 63 MPH.
We pass the General Jackson steam boat and a big Barge, both times we spent quite some time jumping waves and burning gas... It was a blast, in fact once, it scare the shit of me (and I even lost my son glasses )when we went under a 4-5 feet wave and tottally cover us up and we come through on the other side soak and wet, laughing and screaming of joy and terror !!! :) It was fun though...
But any way, back to the info.
I am confident that I could have gone 90 miles on a full tank before got to reserve, and if I was just cruising, even further... PS: Milage was measured by my GPS. Man, GPS on those things are a must, talking about having fun and knowing your surroundings (color moving map display) plus keeping tracking of the trip make it even more fun.
So, for the new guys, don't worry about the time... How long you will last, because that is very individual.... Some will ride hard, some cruise, some stop for a brake, one may ride all day, another only 2hs. But NOW i know that I can get at the least 90 miles on my Jet ski before another refill.
PS: I filled the tank all the way to the top, were I could see the gas coming up the tube!

I am open for comments or questions!
Thanks guys
David- Hendersonville, TN (Northeast of Nashville)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I never thought about it but I guess 90 miles on a tank sounds about right. I average 4-5GPH and have a 15 gal. tank so that gives me 3-3.75 hours of ride time and I usually cruise at 30-35mph..so that works out.

btw, riding the cumberland river sounds cool. I'll have to make it up there one day. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, today learned that I have used 13.7 gallong and..

Yesterday I used 13.7 gallons and I got 79 miles. So, 5.7 gallons per mile ( makes me think of the Titan that I used to have! :)
So, it means that One should be able to get 100 miles in a full tank of gallon, before it runs out...
This is good info !! Since I plan to always keep track of how many miles I ride when I put in the water.

Today I have some more data.
Full tank. Got 29 miles with the first 1/4 of the tank, 46 miles with when it got to 1/2 tank, and 70 miles when it show that I have now 1/4 of a tank left.
The difference on milage p gallon is because I rode deferently all the time. It was a long cruise I took, and found a big barge on the lake, off course I could not miss it, so I following it for a while jumping big waves and having a blast, since I was by myself today.
Again, I figure that if it was a matter of getting home, I figure that i would make another 20 miles + with the last 1/4 of the tank.

By the way, maximum speed solo was 64mph !! Go figure...
Jetski is very stable and I am loving it!
See you on the lake or in the river!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, today learned that I have used 13.7 gallong and..

Yesterday I used 13.7 gallons and I got 79 miles. So, 5.7 gallons per mile ( makes me think of the Titan that I used to have! :)
So, it means that One should be able to get 100 miles in a full tank of gallon, before it runs out...
This is good info !! Since I plan to always keep track of how many miles I ride when I put in the water.

Today I have some more data.
Full tank. Got 29 miles with the first 1/4 of the tank, 46 miles with when it got to 1/2 tank, and 70 miles when it show that I have now 1/4 of a tank left.
The difference on milage p gallon is because I rode deferently all the time. It was a long cruise I took, and found a big barge on the lake, off course I could not miss it, so I following it for a while jumping big waves and having a blast, since I was by myself today.
Again, I figure that if it was a matter of getting home, I figure that i would make another 20 miles + with the last 1/4 of the tank.

By the way, maximum speed solo was 64mph !! Go figure...
Jetski is very stable and I am loving it!
See you on the lake or in the river!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts