Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mold on my handlebar pads. Ugly stuff. Looks like some kind of disease growing on it. I hope I don't catch it. Anyway, I tried bleach, gasoline, magic eraser and I just can't get rid of it. The magic eraser pads helped a little, but not much. Does anyone else have this mold? What cleans it? I attached a pic. Careful though, don't let the kids see it.
thanks for any,
Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I have seen that before, it's from storing the ski outside with no cover. I don't think it's a "disease" lol.:laugh: Can't tell you how to remove it, I'd would just look for a whole new pad on ebay. Good luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yamadoo is right, is just baked from being outside. Sand it lightly and paint over it is the quickest fix

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same thing on my F12X. Not as bad as yours though. I have tried just about everything you have too. Even soft scrub with bleach, an leaving it sit on there in the sun, didn't budge. Lots of honda riders out there though, hopefully one of them has found the solution.

I have mold on my handlebar pads. Ugly stuff. Looks like some kind of disease growing on it. I hope I don't catch it. Anyway, I tried bleach, gasoline, magic eraser and I just can't get rid of it. The magic eraser pads helped a little, but not much. Does anyone else have this mold? What cleans it? I attached a pic. Careful though, don't let the kids see it.
thanks for any,
Greg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had that same problem last year. I did get it off I think I used maybe lime away or some kid of mold remover. It did come off put in had to spray and let it soak and scrub a few times but it did come off. I'll check and see if I still have what I used.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have found that some of the stain is inside the foam cushion to the seat. I just douse the foam inside with chlorine. I use Magic Erasers for anything left.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As usual you share your wealth of experience. Going to check that out for sure. Look forward to more summer adventures with you an your better half.
Jax poker run coming soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Headed to the Glenn Saturday

We are taking the boat to Silver Glenn Springs on Saturday if the weather is good. The Suwannee is almost bone dry right now due to the drought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The solution!!!

I gave up on the first pad. I have two 12Xs. I painted it red. I had to put several coats of paint on it, and you could still see the mold stains. So the next one, I thought I would try to soak it in clorox to lighten the stains a little. I put a paper towel over the pad, then soaked the paper towel with chlorox and.....WOW. Almost all of the stains came out! Here is a pic of the 2nd pad. It looked just like my initial pic of the first one.
Hope this helps someone else!
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for any,
Greg
You can sand with 600 and use a heat gun will make it look just like new

1 - 11 of 11 Posts