Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new guy here. I've been lurking for awhile finally decided to join.

I got a tigershark 900 from my uncle. It was sitting for about 7 years. I did everything to make sure it was ready for the lake. Took it out to the lake and she did okay. It would bog at low speeds so I decided to rebuild the carbs. When I finished with that an had it back together I lost spark. Not sure how it happened so I started troubleshooting. I checked the resistance of the stator and it was too low. Replaced it and still nothing. Is there anything else I should be checking. I'm 99% sure the CDI box is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
The battery is putting out 11.23 volts when cranking. Its a new battery. The plugs and mag were replaced. I checked the resistance using a multimeter in the ohms position. Everything was within spec. I'm at the point where I just want to pull my hairs out.
Does the regulator rectifier have anything to do with spark issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swapped it out because I was at the lake and it wouldn't start. I tapped the regulator a bit and it fired up. So I got a new one. The new one is on it right now, still no spark.
I checked the voltage on the spark plug wire and there is voltage when I crank it but it's not translating to spark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I got it going. Turns out the start/kill switch is bad. In gonna take it apart and see if I can salvage it. I'm guessing it just needs cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts