Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is not a stupid question but I'm new to the Jetski sport :)
When mooring the ski's what is the best way to tie off the lines? On a boat you have cleats and rails and such to tie a line to but on the ski there isn't. I've been looping a line around the handlebar but that just doesn't seem right. Are any of you attaching a cleat to the hull or what are your ways of doing this?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
811 Posts
I hope this is not a stupid question but I'm new to the Jetski sport :)
When mooring the ski's what is the best way to tie off the lines? On a boat you have cleats and rails and such to tie a line to but on the ski there isn't. I've been looping a line around the handlebar but that just doesn't seem right. Are any of you attaching a cleat to the hull or what are your ways of doing this?

Thanks,
Brian
Typically you have two hook eyes on either side of your handle bars. You should also have a tow eye in back of the seat. They are easily used with the large spring loaded clips tied to your dock lines. I wouldn't put cleats on the cowl. You can't reach them when on the ski.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember seeing hook eyes by the handlebars. I'll take another look on Saturday! My skis are 2004's if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hondas do not have handlebar eyelets. I just loop my handlebars with a stretchy-rope and go to a dock cleat. If I am tying up overnight I find a slip or an angle in the dock and tie a stretchy-rope from the handlebars [and under the front hood] and from the towing eye to keep the hull centered away from the dock.
I just grab the stretchy-ropes and pull it over to the dock for me to get on board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts