Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know its a heavy bike etc. etc., but I love it.
Just now when am faster than my buddy with his 2006 sea doo with also 155 hp, he decides to buy that monster RXT with 260 hp, ok!!

Are there any suggestiosn for more power than that what is stage 2 kit delivering.

I have intake grate, ride plate, D plate with sensor ( normal on europe ), seal kit. Running now up tp 57 mph is more or less stock, acceleration is superb, but how do get more reliaable power to come into the 70 mph range:D:D

Thanks for any advice expect those to buy a GP 1300 R.....

Regards from spain/ europe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes I know its a heavy bike etc. etc., but I love it.
Just now when am faster than my buddy with his 2006 sea doo with also 155 hp, he decides to buy that monster RXT with 260 hp, ok!!

Are there any suggestiosn for more power than that what is stage 2 kit delivering.

I have intake grate, ride plate, D plate with sensor ( normal on europe ), seal kit. Running now up tp 57 mph is more or less stock, acceleration is superb, but how do get more reliaable power to come into the 70 mph range:D:D

Thanks for any advice expect those to buy a GP 1300 R.....

Regards from spain/ europe
Dude, are you dreamin??? I don't care what you do you will never catch the RXT-X 260. Plus if you could go that fast you wouldn't want to with that minivan of a jet ski your on. It's time to man up and get a new FZR or the new VXR. Don't waste your money tryin to make it go faster. Plus 4 strokes are the future :costumed-smiley-019:ashamed:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yamaha fzr or vxr

Hi Outlaw, seeing your vehicle collection/history your must be the right one to speak to :appl::appl:Thanks for your answer. Do you think that in reference to top spped and acceleration the fzr or vxr will beat the Sea Doo RXT RS....
I could find any infos in the web.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi Outlaw, seeing your vehicle collection/history your must be the right one to speak to :appl::appl:Thanks for your answer. Do you think that in reference to top spped and acceleration the fzr or vxr will beat the Sea Doo RXT RS....
I could find any infos in the web.
Well here is how it is. The Seadoo RXT-X 260, Yamaha FZR and VXR are all within 2 MPH of each other (68-70 MPH). The FZR will probably get there fastest, but the RXT-X will be right there followed by the VXR. You see the problem is that all stock new skis are speed limited by the ECU and a GPS control in the USA,for insurance reasons. So, unless you get a kit like the RIVA STAGE III I have with the racing ECU you can't reach the 75-77 MPH zone. Now the FZR has more mods available as of right now. The VXR hasn't been released yet bt the test reports look good.

Of course I am partial to Seadoo, love those Austrian motors :party-smiley-020:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
You could go the triple pipe route. Not sure how reliable it would be however. Don't get the "minivan" comment though, when RXTs are bigger than XLT1200s.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You could go the triple pipe route. Not sure how reliable it would be however. Don't get the "minivan" comment though, when RXTs are bigger than XLT1200s.
Yes the RXTX-260 is bigger than the XLT 1200. The reason the XLT 1200 is like a mini-van is because the hull is not designed for the 70 MPH speeds you want to go. It would more than likely not stay stuck to the water and the intake grate would constantly be porpising out of the water. Without a hull like the S3 it wouldn't handle rough stuff and isn't stepped.

Comprende???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xl 1200 minivan

I decided to buy the rest of the stage 2 kit and will see how improvement is.
The cylinder heads etc. should perform a bit more and thats it then for the moment.
Have to say that ski runs actually very smooth in the water even at 60mph but off course another 10 mph could change that completely. ( which I wont see with the stage 2 ok! ) Will see.

Thanks for all the infos guys.:appl:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Yes the RXTX-260 is bigger than the XLT 1200. The reason the XLT 1200 is like a mini-van is because the hull is not designed for the 70 MPH speeds you want to go. It would more than likely not stay stuck to the water and the intake grate would constantly be porpising out of the water. Without a hull like the S3 it wouldn't handle rough stuff and isn't stepped.

Comprende???

And are you saying this from having ridden an XLT or just speculating? The GPR "wasn't designed" for 70 mph either but guys are running them into the 90s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xl 1200

Situation is that I could buy an 2008 GPR with 20 minutes on at the moment reasonable from a boat owner that had it on his yacht, but never used it. Those GPR do not have any storage. Despite that I think it is a very fast ski that can beat any Sea Doo with some mods.Other thing is we drive here on the open sea and I doubt that driving 70 plus will be comfortable and safe with the GPR, it does not weight nothing. Anyway I will have a test drive coming week:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts