Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Seattle Boat show yesterday and saw somethin new. ...There were three different companies making jet powered surfboards and one that had kayak ones to. They had a control cord with a joystick like handle that you held in your hand and according to them were capable of speeds of around 30-45mph depending on which model..Anyone ever seen one of thse actually in the water?!?!?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sufango and Xboard

I saw two of the three companies at the Miami Boat Show. The third company is Powerski out of California and the word on the street about them is that they have a good product but a bad engine. They have had a lot of problems with their boards and have taken a lot of money from would be dealers and left them with nothing in return. The Xboard which is out of Utah I believe uses a 40 hp rotary engine and are able to obtain 40-45mph with 200lb rider, but the sticker price is around $7500. The other company Surfango has a similar product but not as complicated as the Xboard. They are using a stock 9.5hp motorcycly engine which they have modified and are able to obtain speeds of 25mph. For the price of $2700 it is't a bad product. I haven't seen any of them run personally, but have spoken with a few people that have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts