Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny problems with a MSX 110.

I recalibrated the PPU and ETB and upon startup it idles fine although a little high.

Then when you give the PPU just the slightest push it revs up to about 6000 rpm and won't come down again.

Freaky!!

Checked out most of the electronics but I'm awaiting the digital wrench to tell me more.

Someone please tell me it's a simple fix, but somehow I think that's not going to be the case.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Chris,

This is normal and happens sometimes - don't get to worried i spent hours looking for this fault that can not be addressed. Put it in the water it will settle down. Mine did. It is a known peculiarity. There were bulletins about it. Stick it in reverse as a precautionary measure when starting out of the water

Check in at Greenhulk that is where you will find all the MSX info

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chris

More info -

MSX 110 150
This document is a trouble shooting list base on where the PWC limits.

Max RPM of
1550 ± 50 Normal idle in water. Out of water the unit can rev to peak rpm on its own.
Solution
If running out of water, place the gear select lever in Reverse. This will keep the RPM down to 3400 RPM. There is a team tip on this. W-04-04-02
Note:
High revving out of water is NORMAL and is caused by:
1) No load on engine
2) The turbo creating boost pressure at idle
3) The computer operating in cold start enrichment mode
4) The computer working out of memory (the system remembers what it had to do the last time it started)
5) Air leak under the ETB

Max RPM of
1700 Limp Home Mode. Caused by a failure in the:
1) ECU Electric Control Unit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts