Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '99-'00 1100 STX wont start

Hi guys, I havent used my ski for quite a few months. I went to start it today and found that it doesnt want to. All I get is a clicking type noise from the electrics box area. The shaft turns over fine is as free as it seems it should be. Are there any starter motor issues I should be looking at & if so, how do I go about it?? I own a 1999-2000 1100 STX Thanks.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
The clicking sound from the electrical box sounds like the starter relay. That means that your start switch is probably OK. First check all connections for corrosion and tightness. You are looking for the high current starter wires (the fat wires)... all the way from the battery, in/out of the electrical box, to the starter motor & check the ground wire.
If you still can't find the problem, get a voltmeter and see if 12 volts is really applied to the starter motor lead when the button is pushed. If it is, then you have a bad starter motor, if it isn't then you have a bad relay. I'd guess that you'll find a problem with the wire terminations... corrosion is a normal problem on watercraft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ggauvin. I put the battery back on the charger for another night - only just charged recently - and made sure all wires/connections were solid. End result is I now have a running ski. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts