Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
ARTIC CAT SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON LAND, WHAT SUZUKI JUNK. I THINK THEY ARE USING EM FOR TARGET PRACTICE OVER AT ABERDEEN PROVING GROUNDS ON THE CHESAPEAKE BAY:laugh: THANK GOD THEY QUIT.:appl:

·
Registered
811 Posts
everyone has to say something about something but i never had any big problems with my tigersharks just stupid small things
Biggest problem I have seen is they break driveshafts, which are hard to find.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be honest thats the first time i heard about that i never seen that problem or heard about it but maybe the first driveshaft does but everyone i know has the update shaft. there is a tigershark dealer in rockchester nh that still sells some tigershark parts i went up there wich is almost 2 hrs away to get a wrist pin bearing thrust washer that cost me $10 lol but i really need it cuz i just did a new top end in my 900 monte carlo and i was just missing one washer.... i think that artic cat should start making tigersharks agine i just love them cuz they are easy to work on but thats just me...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Nice web site! Now I know why you are not having too much trouble.

1. You use it on a lake in the New Hampshire which means short season and no salt water..

2. It is not the 1000 cc.

Let me say if you rode with us in open salt water you would change your tune quick. We rode 85 miles one day on the Chesapeake Bay in 2-3 foot seas. Even with the RXT-iS with its suspension was a rough ride at speeds between 35 - 50 mph. Your ski would have more than likely speared a wave due to its low bow rise and swamped out. But for little ponds and lakes it probably works.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.. not to be rude but who said i ride my sharks on the lake/river? i am not from nh i am from MA and i always use my sharks on salt water but yes i did drive sometimes on the concord river in bedford ma just to clean out the motor cuz cops are always at the river. the first time i went to salt water and started jumping waves thats when i never went to the rive agine. no i dont have a 1000cc or 1100 but yes i do want them but next i really want is the 98 99 1100 il..... hey if you want you can go to youtube and type in jayden018 in the search box and the 770 is my wife's shark and look for the video with my cuzin then we can talk...... videos are short

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok I saw the NH tags and figured it was in New Hampshire. That wasn't rude it is cool. And I m sure for the money you have invested in your skis you probably are happy. Me on the otherhand have the need for performance and durability. I would break a tiger shark in a half hour. As far as Artic Cat jumping back in jet skis, don't hold your breath on that one they are financial trouble. After all they didn't stop making them because they sold to many and couldn't keep up lol. Seadoo is owned by Bomdarier industries, a much bigger company than Artic Cat. Also, you can't compare Jap motors to Austrian.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my bro in law has a 02 kawasaki 1100 stx di we just rebuild the motor and he also has a sea-doo gtx or something like that really nice looking hull witha 720 in it and my tigershark smoke his ass now he is always saying when he is riding his stx di and he catch me on my 900 he is going to smoke me thats why i wanna get a 1100 il even if it has the 770 in it all i want it for is just the hull only but it would be good if the motor came with it... my both sharks i got them for free and on both of them together i spent around 1100 to 1200 in parts and shipping the 770 i got a motor for it 500 the 900 i got a piston kit 330 but i love them and wont trade it for anything lol...

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
my bro in law has a 02 kawasaki 1100 stx di we just rebuild the motor and he also has a sea-doo gtx or something like that really nice looking hull witha 720 in it and my tigershark smoke his ass now he is always saying when he is riding his stx di and he catch me on my 900 he is going to smoke me thats why i wanna get a 1100 il even if it has the 770 in it all i want it for is just the hull only but it would be good if the motor came with it... my both sharks i got them for free and on both of them together i spent around 1100 to 1200 in parts and shipping the 770 i got a motor for it 500 the 900 i got a piston kit 330 but i love them and wont trade it for anything lol...
Even though I am a SeaDoo and Yamaha guy I like these Tigersharks the 97-99 Daytona 1000. Great looking machine: Would get one but worried about finding parts for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Even though I am a SeaDoo and Yamaha guy I like these Tigersharks the 97-99 Daytona 1000. Great looking machine: Would get one but worried about finding parts for it.

You can still get quite a lot of parts for the Tigersharks, a lot on EBay. Yes, the Daytona 1000 is a very nice ski too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts