Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned lots of boats but never a PWC. My husband wants to buy (2) 1989 Yamahas. Anyone know anything about them? What should I be looking for when I go to see them? How does Yamaha compare to other brands? Like anything else, I'm sure the technology has changed over the years, but I really don't know anything about them to start with. Please help me make an informed decision. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Yamahas are very good. I will actually only own either Yamaha or Kawasaki but what is the condition of the 2 Yamahas if they are 20 years old?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't seen them yet, she says they need paint. nothing else. which is not a big deal since my friend has a paint shop. I'm more concerned about mechnical issues and power. If they are 500cc then it won't pull a tube. I may rethink this and just go with 1 jet ski with more power. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I don't know what your budget is but you can get much newer ski's for pretty cheap. Heck, I have a 99' Ultra 150 that is 1200 cc's and is one of the fastest jet ski's made stock. I can find those used now for just a couple of grand. In fact, I may buy a second one in another season or two just because I like them so much. There are also other models out there for pretty cheap that will suite your needs and what you want to do on your ski.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts