Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sons went to the lake and a ski rope got tangled under (inside) the water intake hole and I undo a panel under the jet ski (Daytona), and needs to undo a few screws but the screws (total about 10) and half of them broke in half, We need to know waht to do need some advise Thansk any suggestions...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Usually I take the pump off and the rope slides right off. The other thing I do is cut off the rope with a long chefs knife. Propane torch can also burn off the rope. Now that the screws are broken, you might have to leave it on and try another way. Might have to take it over to your service center.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually I take the pump off and the rope slides right off. The other thing I do is cut off the rope with a long chefs knife. Propane torch can also burn off the rope. Now that the screws are broken, you might have to leave it on and try another way. Might have to take it over to your service center.

Hi, I really appreciate your reply and advise. I am going to try propane troch, and it seeems in that 'pump' area should be all metal not fiber glass but I need be careful though. I took out a small panel that is like a grid pannel but I still can not reach to cut the tangled ski rope. Also, after I can not get it out with propane torch and I have to bring to the service center, what they will do to the broken screw ? Also do you have any advise I have to be careful when I use propane torch to burn the tangled rope in that small pump area under the jet ski ? What is that small hole really used for what function ? I know the water needs be in that out - I am really new on Jet ski anmd just a little knowledge about how jet ski's basic function to be able to move. Thanks again for your help , the jet ski is for my son's 17 years birthday gift and I need to get it back working and be a good dad....

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is your intake grate. It will channel water up to your impeller and pump. Needs to be there. Be careful with the torch but the rope should melt right away. The jet pump takes in water and pushes it out faster so the ski goes ahead. Service center might either replace the pump housing where the screws go into or extract them out, whatever is usually cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts