Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at a 1999 & 2000 Kawasaki 1100 (2 cycl). The 1999 has 60 hours on it. What are the pros & cons with this model. Can someone give us some feedback?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are looking at a 1999 & 2000 Kawasaki 1100 (2 cycl). The 1999 has 60 hours on it. What are the pros & cons with this model. Can someone give us some feedback?
I have a 1998 1100 STX and love it so far. I liked it so much I went and bought a 2006 900 STX. The low hours do not mean it is mint condition. You really need to look over the ski and look for evidence of maintenance. So far there isnt anything I do not like about my ski but I have only had it a few weeks. Up front I would check the hull for scrapes and abuse. If they are not too bad dont worry, alittle Marine Tex will do the trick. If they are real deep you may want to pass. Also take a multi meter with you and ensure your ski is charging, mine seems a bit weak in the charging department. It will be very evident if the ski was taken care of. My ski only had 80 hours on it but the previous owner still needed to replace the engine in Dec of 06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts