Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm new to the pwc world and trying to learn so bare with me.

Ive had what i thought was a minor problem with my jetski for a while but the other day it got worse. whenever im riding and hit a wave or highwake and get the ski out of water, when it lands it makes a horrible metal grinding and vibrating sound.. not sure what it was but it went away if i let of the gas for a second i it would work fine. The other day i had it out in the water in really bad choppy watter and this problem happend more and more until finally whenever i hit the gas enough to get it on plane it would happen for extended periods of time. It felt like something came loose and the motor was freespinning from the impeller, but from what i understand this shouldnt happen as it is direct drive. i was able to give it a slight bit of gas and limp it back at about 10mph, but i have no idea what this problem is... i pulled apart the jet unit yesterday, and couldnt seem to find a noticeable problem (but again im new to pwcs).

I think it might have something to do with the intermeidate shaft(PTO)/ bearing houseing that sits inbetween the motor and hull.

I could really use some help on this, any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah everything had grease in it i found the problem today tho thanks

apparently the mounting bolts for the motor had all snapped off and the engine was free to move back and forth and the coupling was detaching and grinding against itself.... idk how this happened like this and would continue to work but whatever, its not too difficult of a fix

has anyone else had a similar problem
the motor was just resting in place free to move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts