Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this jet ski. when i got it it ran good now it is hard to start when it warms up and then you turn it off or fall off lol.i have to hold the gas when i start it and it can take up to 3 min. to get it to start. then it runs bad for a sec. then cleans up and runs great. can someone help me please.:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
josh said:
i just got this jet ski. when i got it it ran good now it is hard to start when it warms up and then you turn it off or fall off lol.i have to hold the gas when i start it and it can take up to 3 min. to get it to start. then it runs bad for a sec. then cleans up and runs great. can someone help me please.:confused:
by the way it is a 97 polaris SL700.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
josh said:
WELL I REBUILT CARBS LAST NIGHT TO SEE IF THAT WORKS?:udaman:
WELL REBUILTING THE CARBS DID NOT WORK SO I PUT A BATTERY IN IT NOW IT STARTS BETTER I THINK THE BATTERY WAS NOT TURNING THE MOTOR AS FAST AS IT SHOULD. SO TIME WILL TELL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
man u have a lot of problems. just buy mine:) 1994 REBUILT sl750 w/trailer and 1993 polaris 440cc liquid cooled FAST snowmobile. both run excellent. ski is ready to go and sled is ready for storage. call 1-563-379-2411 4000OBO for the pair

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plugs Are New And I Have Changed Then 3 Time And It Still In Not Running Right.So I CAN TAKE THAT OUT OF IT
THANKS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sxviper700 said:
clean carbs. again. use an air compressor to get all the **** out of the jets.
DID THAT BUT I WILL DO IT AGAIN BECAUSE IM GOING TO TAKE IT APART TODAY TO LOOK AT THE STATOR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well you should first see where the problem is. fuel, spark or air. check your plugs to se what the deal is. if theyre black your running to rich. if theyre not disolored at all your too lean.if theyre normal then you could have a timimg issue. or electrical.make sure all plugs are getting spark.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sxviper700 said:
Well you should first see where the problem is. fuel, spark or air. check your plugs to se what the deal is. if theyre black your running to rich. if theyre not disolored at all your too lean.if theyre normal then you could have a timimg issue. or electrical.make sure all plugs are getting spark.
i have no spark when it wont start if i let it sit 30min or sometimes if i jump it ill get spark and it will start

1 - 12 of 12 Posts