Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 98 ts1000r its in great condition, however there are a few things i have noticed that i need some help with. When in the water the rear end of the ski sits very low, footpads almost under water. However when you hit the throttle it plains up and there is no longer a problem. I was told because it is a perfomance ski this is normal. Also the port and starboard lower sections of the hull there is a threaded hole on each side where the bilge pump empties water, is this normal or should they be plugged when i am in the water. Finally i dont know where to hook up the hose for when i am flushing it out after salt water use so if someone can instruct me where to find it that would be great. I bought new plugs but do not have the service manual, will someone tell me the apropriate gap height to set. Thanks and please help Im lost!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
you do not plug either of the holes on the side, if you lift up your seat you will see a line running from the top of the motor to the out side of the jetski that is where you connect your hose to flush it out ,the other side of the ski is for your bilge pump,just take a good look and youll figure it out.connect the hose to the outside of the ski.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts