Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cant find the answer anywhere..I just bought a 900 STX from a guy yesterday and he said I needed a battery. Well, I went out and bought a new battery and charged it and everything and put it in. STILL nothing. I dont even get lights on the instrument panel. No nothing, no clicks, no lights.

I have checked the fuses and they are good.

Also, another question, where and how to do I hook up a hose so I can crank it?

BTW, this is my first watercraft of my own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you have to have a special adapter to put water to it....its a little hose from the bulkhead inside the hull...youll see it...its a line running to the block from the impeller...

Welcome to Kawasaki.com go to this link for the owners manual and the maitnence book....very helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not familiar with your ski since I just got my first two ski's and haven't even gotten all the problems on mine fixed yet...so have yet to see any water. As far as the starting problem I can tell you what I found on one of mine. Water had gotten into the electrical box and ruined the starter solenoid. Even without having the display showing it would turn when I jumped the posts on the solenoid so I knew that was part of the problem. also, I found two wires that had corroded inside the quick connect couplers and after fixing those I got my display and all lights working. Don't know if this will be any help to you but it's worth checking...only takes a few minutes to look. I hope you have better luck with getting information on this site than I have had so far...haven't had one response to my post on the problem I am having with my 1100 STX.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Unfortunately, not many members are big Kawasaki fans. There fore know very little about the line . Like me for instance, Try the GREEN HULK forum:dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the problem. The negative from the battery was not properly grounded. I replaced the negative and made a custom one and it turned over just fine. I needed to spray some starting fluid in the motor, but it runs great!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I found the problem. The negative from the battery was not properly grounded. I replaced the negative and made a custom one and it turned over just fine. I needed to spray some starting fluid in the motor, but it runs great!
Congrats good job!!!:appl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts