Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I took the nozzle off of my 03 Kawasaki Ultra 150 because I need it to use in a project I am working on.

I am trying to identify the purpose of this tube sticking down inside the thrust area. It is a small tube that sticks down inside the unit, it looks like the purpose is for some sort of vaccuum but for what? Is it for the cooling system? I need to know...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I know on older SeaDoo nozzles those are for the self draining bilge system. When you're underway it creates a vacuum and sucks water from the hull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes perfect sense. I guess I will just have to throw the jetski in the water with this part off and see if it still pumps water through the cooling system just to make absolutely sure...

·
Registered
44 Posts
that makes perfect sense. I guess I will just have to throw the jetski in the water with this part off and see if it still pumps water through the cooling system just to make absolutely sure...
As the other guy said, they are the bilge system suction tubes. They are not for the engine cooling system. The cooling water is pushed thru the engine by pressure from the jet pump (a different fitting on the pump).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts