Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, some of you might have seen my introduction most probably not but i am new here and to PWC so i have some very beginer questions.

For those of you who saw my intro i recently aquired to Jetskis a 96' yamaha wave venture 1100 and a 93 VXR Pro. The jetskis are both in need of some work but over all are not to bad one of the main problems i have is i still havent retrieved the second of the two jetskis from the property it is on because 1. its on land and 2 doesnt fit on the double trailer next to the venture at the moment.

When i retrieved the Venture it was on a Custom made double Ski trailer next to a yamaha wave raider (i believe) the Wave Raider was missing quite a few pieces so i decided to leave it and go for the XVR Pro. I removed the Raider from the trailer and backed the trailer up to the Pro only to find out that 1 i had no idea how to get the damn thing off the ground and on to a trailer with another ski already loaded and 2 that the Pro did not fit on the bunks next to the other ski because the width was wider then the raider.

With the quarantine in place get some extra hands hasnt been easy so for the time being i brought the Venture home and began restoring it. (ive been working on building a thread for the project)

With the second bunk empty i decided to do some repairs to the trailer, i replaced the wheels they were dry rotted and shot. the original wheels that came on the trailer previously were 5.70-8 tires unfortunately money being alittle tight at the moment i found a good deal on 4.70-8 tires brand new and mounted on new rims for 30 bucks on ebay. My concern is these smaller tires will not be safe to tow at a higher speed for a long distance? though my tire knowledge is based on what the michillen man tells me so i could be wrong- but eventually i get 5.70 tires.

Now with the tires off i decided to move the bunks over to make room for the Pro but to do this properly i will need to remove the venture do alittle customization on the already custom made trailer and move the ventures bunks over so the balance of everything is spread properly across the trailer and axel. ( I am open for advice on this as well)

The questions i have are How do i remove the Ski from the trailer to place on blocks? and what should i put it on ?
and secondly how do i load a ski from land (on the ground (dirt) ) on to the trailer safely with limited help?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
for the one on the trailer you may want to build something like this ski dolly. its worked well for me. I use it at my shop to pull the ski off the trailer and then I can take the trailer home out of my way. also makes working on the ski easier as your not stepping around the tongue and fender of the trailer. there are two versions here the original from Zardoz and then my version that can be disassembled to store tightly. both are a fairly easy build. then with the trailer hooked to your tow vehicle. and the dolly strapped to your trailer. just slide the ski off the trailer right onto the dolly. to put it back just use the winch on the trailer to pull it on.
as for the vxr pro I going to guess you'll need 3 to 4 head to lift it as its about 400/500 pounds. only other way i can think of would be to lift one end and block it up then the other end. going back and forth till its high enough to slide onto trailer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave thanks again for the help, I will probably build this today minus the wheels, the problem is I have a gravel driveway those wheels wont handle the terrain. When I first thought about how I would move the skis I looked into building a dolly similar but came to the issue of the wheels i decided that if i was gonna do it as a dolly instead of a stand I was gonna need some heavy duty 4 inch caster tires that inflate and can hold weight think swivel wheel barrel tires I'll post a picture when I have a chance only thing is even at Horror frieght these wheels are like 14 dollars each bringing the project cost up. Perhaps for now I'll build a stand and buy the tires at a later time to make it mobile.

To the idea of the Pro I was considering the block lift end by end it's more work but it seems doable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts