Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and looking for advice on which ski to buy. I am looking at a 1998 XP limited with around 90hrs - original engine - no rebuild - oil injection has been bypassed - so it is premix. Seadoo comes with a trailer for $2,500. The other ski is a 99' Kawasaki Ultra 150 with around 100hrs - extremely clean! It has aftermarket high output exhaust, intake grate, and ride plate. It comes with a trailer the guy said 3k - but I believe I can get it for $2,800.

A few others that I'm less serious about - 98 XP hours unknown - runs but bogs down with full throttle (I'm guessing a carb issue?) with a trailer for $1750. Lastly (the one I would really like to have but its a bit out of my price range) 2003 GP1300R with trailer has 90 hrs for $3500...

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Would the Ultra be the fastest of the bunch? Which would you guys choose?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
JayDawg would say the Kawasaki, but the aftermarket stuff increase the odds of breakdown and non-standard problems.

I say patience is the key to a good deal (that lesson was learned the hard way), go see the GP1300R with CASH in hand and see if he doesnt bite. If not wait a week and he'll keep thinking about your cash and maybe call when he needs to pay the cable bill.

Never, ever (as a newbie) buy something that doesnt run great, you don't have the experience to fix it and like everyone, want to ride it NOW!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The GP1300r would be your best choice. As a green horn you want to stay away from problematic craft like the XP. The Ultra is a fast ski, however the more mods you have installed the less reliable the ski will be. Especially if the owner modded himself. Is he trained? Has he done this before?

I say patience is the key to a good deal (that lesson was learned the hard way), go see the GP1300R with CASH in hand and see if he doesnt bite. If not wait a week and he'll keep thinking about your cash and maybe call when he needs to pay the cable bill.
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts