Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WORLD... I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a waverunner/jetski. I grew up on the water, have had a variety of boats, been on a number of different PWCs, but have never owned one! I have no idea where to start researching, so why not start with ya'll? I'd like to keep this purchase south of $8K... so where do I start? New? Used? Manufacturer? Im in the Maryland/Virginia area, so if there are any reccomendations on places I could go, that would be great as well. Anything to get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Buy a stand up. Anyone can sit on one and go fast. Make it a fun challenge. You can get a brand new sxr 800 for under 8

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
What type of riding do you plan to do (cruising, racing, jumping wake/waves, towing kids on tubes, etc.)? Will you ride alone or with others (family ski versus single rider)? How important is speed, ride quality, storage space, etc.? Where will you ride (ocean, lake, river)?

Give us a little more to go on and we can give you some recommendations. For under 8K there are lots of good used options for sit down skis, and you can have any stand up you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts