Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm possibly looking to sell both my honda aquatrax's for possibly one of these ski's..has anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm looking for something that could act like my honda's, very quick, agile, and fun!! I know all these have the same displacement as well as the supercharger, but how do they compare agility wise? Such as wake jumping, aggressive turning, quickness? I would assume the FX SHO would be the more sluggish one considering the extra weight..Any help is much appreciated!! Also how bad do these suck gas? I know my honda's are excellent, can ride all day on one tank, course they are both around 1200cc with turbo chargers..but are these much worse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The FZR/FZS is designed as a racer, and has extras like a telescoping handlebar that makes riding standing up easier. If you are looking for an agile ski that will turn on a dime with great acceleration then look at it. The SHO has the exact same engine/supercharger, but a very different and longer hull design. The SHO is more of a cruiser type ski and has features like no-wake mode and cruise control. The SHO will do around 67 mph and the FZs around 68 mph. The bad news is that they are both gas hogs (over 18 gph at WOT for the SHO, and over 20 gph for the FZs).

I think the FX HO model is a much better buy than either the SHO or FZs for skis in this class. You only loose 2-3 mph off the SHO and get much better gas mileage (14 gph at WOT) with all the same features, plus a lower price OTD with the FX HO, and no supercharger to worry about.

Best buy right now for a sport type ski, is the VXR/VXS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FZR/FZS is designed as a racer, and has extras like a telescoping handlebar that makes riding standing up easier. If you are looking for an agile ski that will turn on a dime with great acceleration then look at it. The SHO has the exact same engine/supercharger, but a very different and longer hull design. The SHO is more of a cruiser type ski and has features like no-wake mode and cruise control. The SHO will do around 67 mph and the FZs around 68 mph. The bad news is that they are both gas hogs (over 18 gph at WOT for the SHO, and over 20 gph for the FZs).

I think the FX HO model is a much better buy than either the SHO or FZs for skis in this class. You only loose 2-3 mph off the SHO and get much better gas mileage (14 gph at WOT) with all the same features, plus a lower price OTD with the FX HO, and no supercharger to worry about.

Best buy right now for a sport type ski, is the VXR/VXS.
Yeah that seems to be the better choice all around, fuel wise, and what I'm looking for..I'd love to go for the FZ, my first choice..but I just bought a gas hog, Sea-doo RXT 260iS, and the way gas prices are right now, I really don't need two of them.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah that seems to be the better choice all around, fuel wise, and what I'm looking for..I'd love to go for the FZ, my first choice..but I just bought a gas hog, Sea-doo RXT 260iS, and the way gas prices are right now, I really don't need two of them.

Thanks for the help
Yo you got to pay to go fast, but your Seadoo choice is the best one you made. The Rxt 260 as is the best highperformance ski made period. Now with the RIVA override module your stock ski will do well into the seventies. Go Seadoo!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts