Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the jet ski game. I have a 95 SL 750 that I put a new battery on and attempted to get started. Didn't work, I would try in 10 second burst and let it sit. Now with a fully charged battery I hit the start button and just get a "clunk" I can turn the engine by hand/wrench but only for half of a turn before I get resistance, then I get half a turn and resistance. before this when trying to start it wold turn over like it should. Now it does not. If anyone has any ideas on what to do next please let me know.

Heath O.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
If your getting 180 degrees rotation, I'm going out on a limb and saying your doing a rebuild. You might pull the stator cover and see if anything is going on, but I think your going to be pulling the engine.
You can use a led pen light to look into the plug hols and look for any poss. cyl or piston crown damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turns out the crank or cam shaft is toast. pulled the flywheel cover off and a bunch of water came out. No gasket around the cover. Starter and Bendix are fine and so are the pump shaft bearings. can barley turn the engine with a wrench on it with the plugs out. So it sounds like it is a parts machine for some lucky person.

Thanks all for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it worth it to rebuild a 25 y/o/machine? I am guessing for the amount of money I would spend to do it I could get something much newer?

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Depending on what you want. Example. A 1997 STX1100 in good shape on a trailer should bring 25-2900.00, or a stx15f in good condition on a trailer should bring closer to 3500.00. I totally understand not wanting to dump a bunch of money into something that old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts