Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just made a deal for a FZS and a FX SHO. Picking them up in a week. Next spring my wife and I are going to start doing day trips all over from NY to MD.
I'm new to the life, what do I have to bring with us for an all day water trip?

Thanks for your experience and advise,

Rick

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
On those skis from NY to Maryland, I'd say a couple of very large extra gas cans you can strap to the ski for sure! Or plan out some Marina gas stops. :eek:

If you are making the trips on the ocean, I'd consider getting emergency equipment: a GPS, a VHS radio, flares, tow rope, a water proof cell phone case, a marine emergency kit and a collapsible paddle. I'd also consider filing a float plan with the Coast Guard, and getting a Sea Tow membership.

For long trips I also take plenty of water, sun screen, a hat (for the stops), a bag of snacks, and a towel and change of clothing (no fun sightseeing or eating in a restaurant on the shore stops when you are soaking wet from bouncing through the waves).

Good thing you bought skis with plenty of storage space! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks E. T. i didn't mean we were going from NY to MD, i meant we are going to do day trips all over the place lol. but your list is great, thanks so much.

rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts