Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I've just picked up a 92 650 SL for $400, its needs the bearings and shaft replaced form the jet pump. I just received the pump bearing rebuild kit and found a newer shaft for it. My biggest hurdle right now is getting the bearing in the front of the housing that sits behind the impeller to fit, the rear one fits perfect. I'm 99 percent sure even with freezing the bearing in the front it will not fit. I gave my local Polaris dealer the correct part numbers based off the online OEM Polaris diagrams. I'm going to follow up with them to make sure I got the right kit. Outside of that everthing else seems to be there from what I have seen and read about in my manual that I just purchased. I also plan on eliminating the oil pump (going premix) and taking the carbs out for cleaning. Should I replace the reeds? What else should I check out or replace while its down? One of the websites that I have found that I might order some parts from:
Model: SL650 -- SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories:

Here is a pic of the ski mid cleaning (took about three hours to get the leaf and dirt out of it) and was a budweiser break.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got it back together after some dealership issues. They sent the wrong bearing for the front of the pump, basically sent me two rear ones. So after some greasing and cleaning I got the pump together and in the ski. Charged the battery and made sure it will hold a charge. With some fresh gas this coming week I hope to run her for a bit. Anyone know where to get the flush kits for this year??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rode yesterday and after an hour I burned hole in front piston. I'm starting the rebuild today and will hopefully have it up and running by the end of June.

I'm going to rebuild the fuel pump and make sure that the lines are in good condition. Also might look into a fuel pump booster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts