Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up two sl750's because the price was right and i couldnt pass it up. I took them out for the first time this last weekend. the guy ran them hooked to a hose before i got them so i thought everything was fine. when i put them in the water, one of them acted like a car in limp mode. it would turn on and run but would not go over 10mph. The fuse for the screen had blown so i just thought that that was the problem but i want to make sure. I dont think that these have limp modes but im not sure on that. Any ideas? The other one ran great once it was running but sometimes had a hard time starting which i wasn't sure about, it also did not have any power in corners. It would fly going in a straight line but when you turned it would bog down until you when straight again. could it just be bad gas? I plan to take them in to a shop to be tested and tuned this week because i want to make sure that i have two good skis before i put money into making them better. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
second one I would change spark plugs and check the fuel lines in the tank (under the front storage compartment) because they are both very easy to look at and replace. The first one if you reset the box, then you might have a reed problem or something more serious then just bad gas (more a dealer fix). Provided that it had enough oil, i know they shut themselves down or de-power when low oil. Just my .02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts