Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just pick up to Skies on the cheap on is apart motor turns over just need to be put back to getter. One was left out side and they left the plug in it and it filled up with water and it looks like that water go in the crank case and is locked up. So my question would be should I take it apart or they some oil and get it turning agian.. I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions on these thing. They Both are 97 770.

Thanks Will

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does the timing work on these thing. I am used to pull rod and and noise cone ing. I work on Harley I was reading thur the manual it look like an easy job to rebuild one of these thing but how is it timed.

Will

·
Registered
157 Posts
640 to 1000 there really is no timing. all you have to do is make sure the key is on the crank then put the flywheel and line up the slot to the key and thats your timing really nothing to it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what I was thinking But you know how thinking is sometimes. LOL I cant wait to get working on these beast. I have alot of spare part this guy thur in with the deal he was over working on them. One of the Skies has a rebuilt motor I just have to finsh installing everything. Then fix the locked up on. The guys was going to keep them tilll he found out the one was locked up from sitting over the winter.

Will

·
Registered
157 Posts
ya that sucks i just finsh rebuild my 900 and man does that thing have power. i have a 770 and 900 my next one is a 1100 then a 1000 so i can have 770, 900, 1000, 1100 lol. the 640 is for kids lol j/k

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I guess your are the Man when it comes to the Tiger Sharks. So what kinds of price for parts will I be looking at to rebuild this motor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know I may rebuild it or get one from SBT I am going to get the one with a good motor running the get in to the other one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I thought I had one of them running I got it to fire last night today I got everything hooked up to do a wet run and it would not start pulld the plugs out and water was pumping in to the top end the from what I can tell the head gasket was shot on it now is there anyother place water can get in to the motor from I ran the water with the head off but could not see any other place it could come from.

Will

1 - 20 of 26 Posts