Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Dave and I'm from New Zealand. Have come across this site doing a lot of google searchs when first of all deciding what pwc to buy and then reading up on them as much as I can. I bought a 04 Seadoo RXP (I think it's 04, was sold as an 05 but chasis number ends with 04??) with 49 hours on it. It seems in good condition but as usual I am working on improving it if I can.

I am going to order a few bits like a wear ring and steel washers for the s/c unit is there anything else you would suggest a newbie with a pretty basic craft to get?

The ski goes really well with just me on it but it won't pull up a wakeboarder, it feels like a slipping clutch or similar because when you power it up it "breaks loose" hits redline and goes no where. It only happens with a lot of drag or really hard cornering and hard on the gas. What do I need to replace?

Sorry for the long thread, I have become pretty obsessed over the last few months and am mad keen to get it running perfect.

Thanks for the great forum, heaps and heaps of really useful info and threads to read over for hours.

Cheers

NZ dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have had a good look and haven't seen any damage to the impeller so I think my slip must be the wear ring. Is it possible to order the Seadoo tools so I can do the work myself or do I need to take it to the shop?

Am I correct in thinking that the Seadoo RXP 2004 should pull up a wakeboarder with no problems?

Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts