Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I am new to the forum and looking to buy my first ski. I found an 04 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO w/trailer for $5370. It has 22.1 hours on it and I am taking it out for a test run tomorrow. Anything I should look for as far as problems with these and is that a decent price? As far as condition, it has some minor scratches on the top where your feet go and a little wear on the bottom center rib of the hull. Under the seat everything looks like it came straight from the showroom.

Thanks for any input.

Mike

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Find out if it has been ridden in salt water and if so, how they flushed it. It should be a minimum of 15 minutes after each ride in salt water, Check the internal hoses for cracks, or wear. Check the spark plugs and see what they look like. How quickly does it fire up when cold? What brand of oil has been run in it? If it is some off hand brand, then I would be concerned but if it is a well known name brand then that is good. As far as price goes, to me that seems a little high but if it is in good shape as well as the trailer, and you like it, then maybe see how much the owner will come down on the price.
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It has always been rode on freshwater in michigan. I doubt the guy knows what brand oil has been used in it but his dealer changed the oil every season. This ski has basically had an oil change every 4 hours. I will find out how it starts cold this evening when we take it out for a ride. You really think the price is high for the amount of hours? I can't find a similar ski with 22 hours for less than $6800. As far as the hoses, etc....everything on the engine looks like it is brand spanking new. I pulled the intake cover off and the throttle bodies/air filter were spotless.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
For an 04' even in great condition, it just sounds a bit high to me. It is 5 years old and it is typically after that 5 year mark when an atv or jet ski will really loose a lot of their value due to age. I have a 99' Ultra 150 that only has 41 hours on it and it is in excellent condition. In fact, the engine compartment still has that new smell to it because it has been babied but even though it is in great condition and has very low hours for being 10 years old, there is no way I would ever get what it is worth to me.

Actually, I am wrong. I just blue booked the ski and it did come back with a higher price than I thought. If it comes with the trailer, $5,370.00 is a good deal. For some reason, I was confusing that model with a different one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it comes with a 2003 Yacht Club trailer. The only thing wrong with the trailer is that the license plate bracket is bent :rolleyes:
The trailer still has the tits on the tires and both the ski and trailer have been stored inside when not in use.

Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got it for $5300. Took it out on the water over memorial day and pulled a 7ft tube behind it with no problems. Also had it up to 45mph with 3 riders @ 450lbs total. We could have gone faster but I wasn't comfortable going that fast with the extra passengers. :(

I don't think the oil has been changed this season, but last year's oil probably only has 4-5 hours on it....is it worth changing?

thx

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts