Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here. I recently purchased my first jet skis. I bought a 1994 Yamaha VXR PRO and a 1992 Kawasaki TS 650. Yes, that means I have a 25 and a 27 year old ski, lol. I have read on forums that the TS is referred to as a Turd Ski. To be honest, it is stable as hell and still a blast to ride. I plan to eventually convert it to a fishing setup. I live in FL and have access to the St Johns river with its winding, tight, shallow, alligator filled canals. These skis are perfect for these tight rivers. They both run really good and I am in the process of replacing all of the brittle oil lines. I hope to contribute to the forum and enjoy these skis for a long time. I plan to eventually buy a faster and more modern ski in the future, but I am having so much fun with these. I took my nephews out and they love them as well. I am suddenly an awesome uncle, lol.

If anyone lives on the Spacecoast and wants to hit the St Johns, maybe launching at the Jolly Gator fish camp, hit me up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Welcome aboard, Sam.
I too have the vxr pro as well. Actually 2 of them, a 93/94. So a duplicate of yours. Love to ride them. A blast to ride and flat spin them. Also have a pr of GP800r's for more speed and fun.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Forgot to tell you if you need a copy of the factory vxr pro service manual send me your email in my pm and I'll send you a pdf copy.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Welcome. Don't feel bad for getting old 2 smokes. I love em. Easy to rebuild if needed. I would go ahead and grab a couple of carb kits for each to have on hand, and run some startron through the fuel system. Both are great engines, and I believe the 650 in the ts can be easily converted to a 750. Kawi also had the Jetmate which is pretty cool. Kinda like a 6 wheel atv on the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts