Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search of a new motor for 97 triple 1100 ski. Cylinder 1 blew through crankcase, and cylinder wall is shot. Any ideas for best fix, or just need a new motor? And if so SBT is nice, but too expensive for machine.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If your mechanically inclined. I would build a motor piece meal from eBay part or someone parting one out. eBay has several case assemblies, lower ends, and complete motors listed right now.

I would do this rather than buy from SBT. I've used SBT parts no issue. I'm not a fan of there motors or cranks. Sbt's reputation isn't real good. It's 50/50 crap shoot as to weather you get a good one. I've seen many of there cranks assembled with incorrect parts. That being said. There are some folk out there that swear by them. I'm just not one of them.
Unfortunately if your not inclined to build a motor, SBT may be you only option. Unless you can find another builder.
Another gentleman on this forum found this guy, who built a crank for him.(see pic) I've not used him but as a mechinist myself he has quite a shop. And he is a one man operation. you may want to contact him and see what he can do for you. You still may have to at least get and send him new case halves. There on eBay @ $150/200. But he may be able to weld and repair yours.give him a call.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts