Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just handed a 1998 Yamaha GP760 because the person said it was spraying gas everywhere when started... Well, now that problem has turned into a seized engine... When it failed to run properly a year and a half ago, it was simply put on the trailer, and left. I managed to free the engine after soaking the cylinders in oil overnight. However, it still hangs up in that spot.

Looks like this is going to be an expensive thing to get running. Are reman engines hard/expensive to come by?

I may be biting off more than I can chew, even if I got this thing for free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million! I can definitely handle that... I even have an engine hoist... This should be interesting. Heck, I may even get the premium engine.. I was expecting some ridiculous prices for that engine...

·
Registered
194 Posts
The hoist will be nice. I have always pulled them out myself. Make sure to order a block off plate and run premix. 9 out of ten times the reason they blow the engines is the oil pump system.

You are gonna be suprised at how easy it is and people make money like crazy doing it for a living. I do,with four of my own mechanics and these guys have worked for me for 7 years with benifits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts