Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just picked up a pair of used Kawasaki 1100 ZXI's yesterday. They are in very good condition for being 2001's but the previous owner did not have the manuals. We're going to order one from Kawasaki but we did take the skis out yesterday and I'm curious about flushing the engines.

Is this something that has to be done every ride? If so, how?

Very glad that I found PWC Forum. I'm sure that I'll be in this sub-forum quite a bit. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
salt or fresh water?

I'm new but I believe you must flush if you are riding in salt water. Some people don't always flush in fresh water. I don't know if thats good or bad.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've benn riding since 91. Always fresh water and never flush. I have never had a problem. If you are concerned though go to the local dealer and buy one. it can easily be swapped between the two machines. I have one on my ski but only use it when running it in the driveway. Be sure to start the motor before turning on the hose or you could fill the motor with water. The result of starting it, or trying to, once filled with water is costly. The motor will hydraulic and usually results in a bent connecting rod.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
the ski's:laugh:
Do you really need to see a picture of his ski's:dunno:. Haven't you seen them on your local lake, or maybe you ride in the salt chuck:cheeky4:?

I thought this thread was in regards to the flushing of motors:confused:not what did you get for what price, not post up a pic:thumbsdown:. Thats what the private messaging is for.:thumbsup: I was just responding to a request, for clarification. I have even taken pictures in anticipation of your response, no need to laugh.:laugh: I thought it was a legitimate question :00000056::. Myself I am her to help out and have fun.

Keep splashin.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ya show us pics of skis and flusher
jetski pictures 001.jpg
This is a picture of the hose capped off.
jetski pictures 002.jpg
Cap removed for the garden hose to attach.
jetski pictures 003.jpg
The second ski with the brass "T" capped off.
jetski pictures 004.jpg

And just for kicks I thought I would include a picture of my two ski's on the trailer.:appl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts