Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an F12X, and love it so far. I have a couple newbie questions.

Tubing- I was tubing last weekend, and the tow rope kept getting caught in the water/wake. Any suggestions, and can you get a ski pole for these waverunners?

Post use upkeep- I cleaned the jet ski in and out and flushed the engine. Do you need to spray CRC or some other lubricant on the engine compartment after each use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
try to look at overton's or denniskirk for a ski pole. If your in salf water i would spray the throttle assy & turbo down with crc. Make sure you flush each time. Grease the bearing under the back seat at the grease zert. Thats about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a '05 F12X. I use a fogging oil on the engine after every other use and use a spray on the linkage to keep lubricated and protect from corrosion. Also everytime you get it back on trailer run engine no more than 15 sec and rev engine no more than 4000 rpm to get water out.

Trying to think of anything else

·
Registered
1 Posts
'07 AquaTrax F12X maintenance

Howdy,

I also have a new 2007 F12X - The dealer sold me a can of Fre-It for the maintenance coupling. Thing is the little red tube in that can's spray top pops out when trying to spray the stuff into each coupling.

Will WD-40 work for this application, and is it OK for the other maintenance stuff like spraying the components and lubricating the wastegate linkage?

WD is ubiquitous and easier to handle. Besides I've used it on all my Japanese bikes and my Harley with no problem.

What do you think??

Thanx...C.W.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I just purchased an F12X, and love it so far. I have a couple newbie questions.

Tubing- I was tubing last weekend, and the tow rope kept getting caught in the water/wake. Any suggestions, and can you get a ski pole for these waverunners?

Thanks!
I use one of these to keep the rope out of the water: Amazon.com: sportsstuff 4K Booster Ball: Sports & Outdoors
I got one on sale for $60. I would not recommend a ski pole on a jet ski, unless you can find a way to reinforce the mounting. Ski poles on boats are usually mounted to a wooden support inside the boat or use a tri-mount if mounted to fiberglass alone. Look at the instructions for your tube. Many will recommend that they not be towed from a ski pole even on a boat due to the stress they place on the pole (much more than a skier or wake boarder). I tow my tube with a "Y" harness from the stern cleats, both with my jet ski and my boat.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Howdy,

Will WD-40 work for this application, and is it OK for the other maintenance stuff like spraying the components and lubricating the wastegate linkage?

WD is ubiquitous and easier to handle. Besides I've used it on all my Japanese bikes and my Harley with no problem.

What do you think??

Thanx...C.W.
I'd be careful spraying WD40 around the inside of a ski. It is as much a solvent as a lubricant. It does displace water, but tends to leave behind a residue that may cause problems later on. It causes plastic and rubber to deteriorate over time, and there are plenty of those parts in a ski. It also can foul electrical connections over time. CRC or Crossion X are much safer products for use inside a ski. Both carry a heavy duty version that works well for marine applications and stays in place a long time.

I'd also be careful using WD40 on your bike. Many recommend not using it on bike chains or other components, because the solvents in WD40 actually strips away the lubricants on larger parts like chain links, and leave the chain less lubricated than if you put nothing on it at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts