Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just signed up and I figured I'd introduce myself here since I own a Kawasaki. I took it out for the first time the other day. This thing is in great shape for a 1998. Ran great. I'm familiar with message boards, and a big car guy. So I have some mechanical experience.

As for the ski, cold starts stink which I guess is pretty common. I'm going to look at getting a primer kit today. I'm going to swing by West Marine on my way home. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Also, my battery died pretty quick but it's new. I'm going to recharge it at the parts store and use a volt meter to see if the charging system is working once I get the battery back in. I'm assuming it should be around 13-14 volts when running right? That should tell me the generator is okay.

Anyways, I look forward to learning a lot about these things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a new battery and the ski fired up on the second try with the choke on. I went ahead and purchased a maintainer too.

This has a quick release that connects to the battery so it keeps the battery at its peak charge when the ski is sitting for a period of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts