Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 1100 stx di i rebuilt the motor new over size piston 0.50 heads was bored to fit the pistons plus new crankshaft. my problem is that the motor has fuel spark and air full battery turns over fine but it backfires like a shoutgun or louder sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not. tech said it was a timing problem thats why it backfires and sometimes it starts, so i looked all over the net to find how to do the timing but no luck. some good people here helped me on making my own cable and software to see whats wrong with the jki but it says i need a update so another thing that i cant find and yes i am running winxp some says xp is no good some say you can use it..... please help spent alot of money on this thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse me if this sounds too basic, but I was wondering, did you try changing the spark plugs? I believe I've seen a situation like that before, and it sure scared the heck out of me but i think it was a spark plug problem, I'm not sure if its the same case, but I figured I would ask.

·
Registered
285 Posts
thanks for posting the fix, can you tell us all how you solved the problem. The more we know the more we can help others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts