Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a Can Am X3 and can’t ride it as much as I used to. Moved to the Huntington Beach and looking to trade in for 2 jet ski. Rode a few jet ski before... As a mechanic I have no issue doing repairs myself. I want one high end with lots of power and acceleration and a cheap, light, reliable one as well. Could be new or used. Definitely leaning towards 2up spark for the cheaper one unless I find something better used. As for the fast one; after riding a top of the line turbo utv, I’m worried I may be underwhelmed with 160hp and would be wishing I got 200+. Budget is the value of utv&trailer 15-20k. They will be used in salt water most times.
Any advice that could help my decision would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
I just wanted to tell you that the spark is not too reliable and that it is not the fastest. also, jetskis feel way faster than they actually are, if you want one that is just speed, you can get an older used one that is already tuned from Riva or something these are extremely fast and fun (I would take a tuned Yamaha they are much more reliable) for a top-end fast one I would take an older gp1800, which is not too expensive around 13 or a 2019 or 20 seadoo RTX 300, if you just want a normal jetski for cheap get a used vx yamaha. for my first jetski, I did not have a lot of money to spend so I went to a rental company and got an ex with 700 hours that ran fine took some fiberglass to patch up any dings and put a wrap on it, great option, your choice. I would not go for an older seadoo or a seadoo at all get a Yamaha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I just wanted to tell you that the spark is not too reliable and that it is not the fastest. also, jetskis feel way faster than they actually are, if you want one that is just speed, you can get an older used one that is already tuned from Riva or something these are extremely fast and fun (I would take a tuned Yamaha they are much more reliable) for a top-end fast one I would take an older gp1800, which is not too expensive around 13 or a 2019 or 20 seadoo RTX 300, if you just want a normal jetski for cheap get a used vx yamaha. for my first jetski, I did not have a lot of money to spend so I went to a rental company and got an ex with 700 hours that ran fine took some fiberglass to patch up any dings and put a wrap on it, great option, your choice. I would not go for an older seadoo or a seadoo at all get a Yamaha.
Thanks! After a little research, For my high end I’m actually leaning more towards kawasaki/yamaha and naturally aspirated. I want to get one new at least. My old boss buys all his trucks used but told me avoid used jetski as they’re could be hidden problems. Not completely against the idea but need to know more pros and cons of pre owned

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes, I would suggest a Yamaha vx Delux if you are not leaning towards speed, they ride much better

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apart from the current Lid recall. My Kawa STX160 is plenty fast for me. Not too many bells and whistles but the 1500CC 160HP is Kawasaki workhorse so reliability is #1 for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the feedback! What I get will also depend on what $$ I get out of the can am. The naturally aspirated gp1800 or seadoo gtr 230 would be my dream pwc. Mid range looking at gti 230 and vxc. With my salt water conditions; will the seadoo cooling system make enough of a difference ti justify their product? With either brand; of is $3k extra worth it for a larger hull and more power? Drove the Canam x3 enough to be underwhelmed by the First Gen power levels and would tune if I were to keep. Want to keep prices low but don’t want to have regrets because I didn’t pay $3k more for what I knew I would love most.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No if you flush your jetski everytime the cooling system will be kept in great condition for a long time just as long as air

1 - 8 of 8 Posts