Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1992 Yamaha VXR 650 How long can I run it out of the water before I do some damage I Live on lake and would like to start it before I drop it in the Water I Bought a Universal Flush Kit But comes with no directions on where to hook it to the Motor I am not a Mechanic But like to work on Outboard motors But these are much different any help with these Two Questions will be Much Appreciated Thanks :p

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1992 Yamaha VXR Water Flush

Thanks Ernest T I did not know about starting motor before star hose I guess I could have Flooded cylinders doing it wrong I think because I am on the lake I will just back it in the water and try to start it If does not start then back on the trailer Is it OK to use a little starting Either when starting for the first time this season? Another question I had was can I leave it tied up to the dock in the water for a few weeks or will that cause me Problems I plan to build a ramp on the dock that I can drive it up onto to get it out of the water but will take me couple weeks to build it Thanks for your Help :p

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1992 Yamaha VXR Start up

Thanks T for the Info Luckily I live on a small cove off the main Lake
So very little boat traffic I think to be safe I will try it out this weekend and Back on the Trailer, it still gets down into the high 30s at night We are still a Month or more away from any Good Jet-ski weather around here That will give me plenty of time to Hopefully make something I can drive up on to keep it out of the water so it will not tip over or hit the dock I may invest in a real drive on Dock or PWC Lift if I love jet-skiing as much as I think I will This will be my first time. Thanks again for the help will keep you posted how things go. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.