Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two Yamaha VX110 Jetskis after renting one on vacation. I figured that if the guy renting them had over 100 hours on them, then they must be fairly reliable. Anyway, I am hoping someone in this forum can answer some questions that I have not been able to find on the internet.
1. I put less than 10 hours a year on my pwc's. I usually run them about 2 or 3 hours every 3 months. Can this lack of use cause damage?
2. I am charging my batteries, and noticed they were low on water. I filled them up with water and now am receiving a voltage of 11.5 volts after 4 hours at 2 amp charge level.. Is this sufficient to start and run for a few hours, or do I need a higher voltage for this 12 volt 19 amp battery?
3. Do you know of any other sites where I can learn more about servicing and general care of these pwc's?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like this site a lot but if you want more traffic for your question, you may want to try PWCToday.com.

As for the maintence questions, that little usage shouldn't hurt, but make sure you are doing the right work between uses. Always flush it out properly, and always check to make sure the appropriate parts have the appropriate lube.

There is a little more to it, but as a relatively new ski owner, I am not quite the person to help you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts