Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already own a Yamaha FX HO 2010, but am looking for another Jet ski. The HO is great, no problems so far. I doubt it goes 80 stock, but that is what the speedometer says at full throttle. is there anything that is better? Any info on specific Models would be a big help. I don't mind if i get a Seadoo or Yamaha, but i cannot choose. thanks for the Info.:dunno:

·
Registered
811 Posts
You are right. There is no way your HO runs 80 mph, maybe 80 kph. Next it sounds like you want a faster ski. Well, lets narrow it down.

1 Do you want a 2 or 3 seater?

2 What is your budget?

3 Do you want a suspension?

4 Do you want a supercharged ski?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as for 2 to 3 seater, i could care less
Budget: up to 15k
i can handle the ho, so no suspension
and with a supercharger, is it more maintenance and worse fuel economy?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok the following skis would be my choice,

1 Seadoo RXP

2 Yamaha FZR

3 Seadoo RXT-X

There should be no extra maintenance. You will use more fuel if you run it wide open all the time. But you are getting an extra 60-75 hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rxp-x is a 2 seater with 255hp Right. is its speed comparable to the fzr? and why is the RXT-X ur last choice? sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
811 Posts
As much as I like Seadoo, I would stay away from the RXT-X this year. There is abnormal electronic problems with them there has been like 6 updates to the ECU, first model year blues. If your not in a hurry the 2011 YAMAHA VXR is a very promising ski. It is not supercharged but still runs 68 mph.Look for my post for the test report and click the link.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as I like Seadoo, I would stay away from the RXT-X this year. There is abnormal electronic problems with them there has been like 6 updates to the ECU, first model year blues. If your not in a hurry the 2011 YAMAHA VXR is a very promising ski. It is not supercharged but still runs 68 mph.Look for my post for the test report and click the link.
Thanks for all the help. i Think ill wait till 2011.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Go with the Seadoo RXP-X 2010. Just make sure you get it from a good dealer. Mine is great J&J Watercraft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts