Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
so i am a new guy to jetski forums etc etc
i picked up 2 jetskis a 87 yamaha and a 97 montego dlx on the tiger shark there are 2 threaded holes 1 on each side i cant find anywhere what they are for i found drain plugs on ebay which look like they will fit in the holes but i dont know if i am suppost to put plugs in while in the water ??? any help would be reallly great , also are there any fluids that need to be changed on a reg. basis thanks in advance

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes they are drain plugs so DO NOT FORGET to close the holes when you go on the water or you will sink lol dont wont be good and when u going home remove the plugs so any water in the hull will drain out and no there is no fluids you have to change... are you going with premix??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the tigershark i wont premix it has a seperate oil cap on the yamaha i have to premix seem like a pain to do it though if you have anysuggestions on oil il take them i went to bike shop they sold me a gallon of marine 2 stroke for 30$ seems high ,from what i figured out one of the holes is for the bilge pump and ithink the other is for if you want to hook a hose to it but would that one get plugged when in water ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ones on the side i didnt even look at the back of the skis yet crap prolly should have they are pushed up to the garage so i can only see the front and sides right now

·
Registered
157 Posts
oh ok yes you leave them alone DO NOT BLOCK THEM the left one is the pisser takes the water from the motor and then out that port and the right one is for the pump. if i was you i would go premix cuz them oil pumps do go bad and you will never know when its about to go.... do you even know if the pump is good?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea i assume it is but thats just a guess i know not one thing about jet skis found them on craigslist for 1500 for the pair guy said they both run good so like a dummy i bought them without knowing anything or testing anything

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where do you buy that from are they universal ? also anysuggestions on oil and is there any easy way to meausre it i tried premixing the yamaha not sure how accurate i got it i used a measuring cup from the kitchen im assume there is a better way ? thanks for all the help

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just go to walmart and buy the 2 stroke marine oil been useing it for 6 ears never had any kind of problems with it and you can also get the cup anywhere u buy the oil. you can go to my webpage at Tigershark and get some info but the free manual page is not working and i dont know why yet..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey i was just wondering if you could help me again i started the tigershark up for the first time got it started ok but there is a really loud rattle seems like it is coming from the back some where any ideas it sounds like metal on metal ratteling thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts