Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a week ago today i bought a 2004 honda f12x. been out on it twice and to be honest with you it scared the **** out of me.never even been on one and now i own one.any little tips or tricks i should know before i get hurt or hurt my jetski? when at a speed of around 45 it seems to sway a little is this normal? my fiance is slightly experienced on it but even she feels like it is "tipsy" is it hard to flip these things?thanks for any help and i love this thing already just new to me.:dunno:

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
those things do not handle that great
i would also clean the engine compartment a lot and use a lubricant to lube everything up
they are know to rust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honda

i have cleaned the engine compartment everytime it has went out and i also lube everything up but last time i took it out i felt like it would be very easy to capsize it. is it easy to flip this thing or am i just paranoid? also if i do flip it what do i do? will it hurt the jetski? thanx for all your help.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
You Honda F12X is as stable as they make them. I am on my 3rd F12X and have, in 6 years only flipped or turned over one time. Unless you do something "wrong" you will find the F12X to be quite stable. As far as rust, I put over 375 hours on one of my units and never had any wengine rust. Get some fogging oil and keep the engine fogged. If you are in salt flush your system after each day of use and refog. I am in salt but never get any water inside the engine department. My drain plugs have never been removed in my newest F12X.

Hondas are quality water bikes. A friend has a Suzuki and takes pretty good care of it and it is rusting like crazy! He has had him in the shop over and over.

Be glad you bought the Honda. It may not be the fastest but will still be running long after the others stopped!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive spent quite a bit of time on the honda these past few weeks and it is pretty stable and i want to take care of it the best i can. it is very reliable and doesn't really use that much gas saturday i went out in the main channel with it and it handles the rough water much better than i thought it would. after i got it out of the water i pulled the plugs expecting water but not a drop.the only two things i dislike is that i cant pull a tube and that it holds water in the foot hulls. this is not a big deal but it will throw the balance off a little.any suggestions on what to do after i get the ski home after being on the water or even when it is sitting? very happy with the ski and glad to have everyones help.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
coldjustin said:
ive spent quite a bit of time on the honda these past few weeks and it is pretty stable and i want to take care of it the best i can. it is very reliable and doesn't really use that much gas saturday i went out in the main channel with it and it handles the rough water much better than i thought it would. after i got it out of the water i pulled the plugs expecting water but not a drop.the only two things i dislike is that i cant pull a tube and that it holds water in the foot hulls. this is not a big deal but it will throw the balance off a little.any suggestions on what to do after i get the ski home after being on the water or even when it is sitting? very happy with the ski and glad to have everyones help.
Most never pull the drain plugs out as there has never been any water to drain out in mine. Unless you flip the unit you will not find much water in there. It is not worth the risk of removing these plugs as you might forget to replace them! <vbg>

Water in the foot wells is unavoidable. If you slow down too quickly and fall off plane, the wake behind you will fill the wells up. A quick blip of the throttle and out it goes. With time you will be able to slow the ski down and avaoid the well fill up!

My routine when I get home is to flush the engine, read th manual and get the adapter that fits on the flush pipe. NEVER force water into the flush pipe unless the engine is running. READ the instructions. It is not complicated but there is a certin way to do things when flushing the engine. Wash/rinse off the entire exterior, I use salt away for both flushing and washing as I am in Jacksonville. Fog you engine with fogging oil, unscrew the throttle lube coupler and shoot some oil in both and rescrew them together. shoot the linkage on the turbo. I leave the seat off for a few days with a fan to make sure no water is trapped in the engine compartment. Wax the exterior on occasion and apply protection to the seats. lube the throttle cable. every 50 hours have it serviced with a oil change

have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts