Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this modified 89 650sx. It won’t start, I have a new starter coming soon. When I took off the exhaust manifold a lot of sand was in there.
My question is how do I flush this thing? Will this kit work? And where should I put it? To me,, it makes to install it before the water hits the engine. I have seen a few pictures of a flush system install on the tube that goes between the head, and the exhaust.
Also does this tubing look right? It seems the water would have a hard time exiting the system.
Any advice would be great.
thanks

Yamaha & Kawasaki Quick Disconnect-Universal With 3/8” Tee Flush Kit [L/ 12-4126 - W/ 18-0120 - M/ A8589]$37.80 - A&D Discount Performance

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your water lines all look to be run properly and are the proper size.

The water flush that you have posted the link to will work perfectly for you. Install it in the line between the head and the exhaust.

The sand in the cooling chamber of the exhaust would indicate to me that the ski was probably run up onto a beach with the motor running, or the guy who owned it last rode it in the surf close to shore.

When it comes to flushing the ski always start the motor first, then turn the hose on just a trickle so you see it coming out the pisser on the side of the hull. Turn off the hose when done, then kill the motor.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for your help, I just ordered it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts