Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum and new to PWCs

Picked up a 95 TS Daytona w/ trailer for $400.00

Thing starts right up and was running great only problem the gauges don't work and the trim motor doesn't work and the trim seems to be permanently down.

Seems to take a while to get on plane but i suppose that is because its 18 years old and a 640.

Runs great for about 45mins to and hour then it wont plane and you have to pin the throttle to get it back to the dock.

I pulled the plugs they were black but dry and not gummed up. I replaced the plugs and she ran great for another hour.

Brought it out the next day and same thing.

Then i started it in the drive way and the thing basically redlined. Hooked the hose up pushed the choke in and out a few times and all was normal again.

Got it in the water and same as before after about 20 mins took about 10 seconds to plane then once it did ran great for about 20 mins then wouldn't plane at all changed plugs ran good again.

I plan to get the carbs cleaned and replace the fuel filter...

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think the carbs are a good place to start. Most likely they have never been cleaned and are really dirty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
unhook the leads to the trim motor and touch them to the battery posts and then switch them. the motor should go out one way and when you reverse it will go the other way. if it don't the motor is bad. if you can get the trim to go all the way up it will plane out faster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

Found that the rubber exhaust coupler was melted through. Replaced that then sprayed some foam cleaner down the carbs.

had it out for a few hours today running like a dream thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
95 tiger shark

I bought a 96 tiger shark for my son to rid around the lake the guy I bought it off said that it worked I trusted him byer be ware anyway I see there are two filters up the front of the engine I follow them and they go to the oil tank I looked around and get see where they go there is no other lines that go to them what I would like to do is run gas and oil mixed so if the oil pump dosent work don't care do you run 50:1 or 40:1

any help would be great

thank you wert22

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a 96 tiger shark for my son to rid around the lake the guy I bought it off said that it worked I trusted him byer be ware anyway I see there are two filters up the front of the engine I follow them and they go to the oil tank I looked around and get see where they go there is no other lines that go to them what I would like to do is run gas and oil mixed so if the oil pump dosent work don't care do you run 50:1 or 40:1

any help would be great

thank you wert22
depend on which type of oil you run, if you run cheap oil 32:1 would be better and if you run synthetic you can run 40:1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts