Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 98 yamaha 1200GP. I just about bought it without riding it. I asked the seller if I could ride it for a day and he agreed. When I get over 35 mph it starts hopping. The lake was very calm with no wind or other boats. I tried it over and over. As I accelerate it starts to hop. I asked the owner and he said its supposed to do that. I took his kawasaki 750 out and no hop at all. Smooth all the way to top speed. I watched a lot of pwc that day didn't see any other ones doing this. He thought it had something to do with trim. What ever that is. Is this something that can be fixed? Any help would be great. Also let me know if it sounds like a good deal. Its a 98 yamaha 1200GP, a 94 Kawasaki 75 tourer and a aluminum tigershark trailer for $5500.00. The yamaha looks new very shiney and no scratches. It has 90 hour on the clock. The kaw looks and runs great but there is no hour clock.

Thanks
Budman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a high dollar item? How hard is it to put on?
I guess the hopping is called porpoising.

Budman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the ride plates I have seen online are R&D, Worx and Riva. Does anyone know which one would work best for me.

Thanks
Budman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts