Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yamaha triple carb 135 hp inline 2cycle 3 cylinder motor which has fuel to the carbs. I have disconnected the fuel line to the carbs and can easily blow air back to the fuel tank. I have also removed the return line and can easily blow air back to the fuel tank through the return line. I can fire and run the motor with ether or carb cleaner however the motor dies as soon as the fuel source runs out. I have emptied the fuel filter (bowl) and it fills rapidly when the motor runs. I have poured gasoline in the carbs and the motor runs fine again until the fuel runs out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. btw the motor is in a 2000 ls which from what I can tell is just a big pwc. The boat has roughly 30 hours on it and the starboard side motor runs fine just can't keep the port side kicking. Once again any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
What the hour meter reads has absolutely no affect on a plugged up carb. When your talking about .005, it doesn't take much to completely cut this passage off. Which means no fuel, and therefore no fire. Carb clean pretty much only cleans the surface you spray it on. The carbs need to be removed from the machine, and disassembled and passages cleaned.Although carburetors are a pretty simple contraption, my faith in you as a mechanic dwindled quickly when you gave your problem description. Running an engine...ESPECIALLY a 2 stroke, although possible, can be very detrimental to the engine. The engine is designed to run on premium gasoline, not a chemical cocktail that isn't designed to be burned as a fuel. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts