Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i'm in the process of buying a 2010 leftover FX SHO with no hours (black paint) from a local dealer. i've never ridden a jet ski, but have had 2 motorcycles ('03 r6 and '02 road star warrior) for 6 years. my main priority with the ski is for recreational and leisure fresh water riding. i plan on taking my kids (11 and 9) with me & the sales guy said the supercharger can be switched on/off which is a good sale point for me. anyways, out the door with a single galvanized trailer is 13,000. it's been left out side for who knows how long other than the seat was melted/stuck and hard to remove, the back black handle bar is fading and rain water has mildewed in the foot rest area. i did check the oil dipstick and it was milky looking, though i'm not sure how 4 stroke/supercharged oil is supposed to look.

anyways, if it all checks out and i do purchase it tuesday (3/15/2011) what first purchases would be a good investment/smart buy (besides life vests)?

i appreciate any help/input. joey infante

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That price sounds really high for a left over ski that has been sitting in the weather. There is nothing special about a galvanized trailer.......they are the cheapest model made (aluminum is best). A local dealer was selling left over SHOs, which were in showroom condition with trailers, for less than $12500 at the boat show recently, and that included an extended warranty.

Milky oil is not a good sign = water. If there has been water sitting in the engine you might have some real problems.

There is no way to turn off the supercharger, however some Yamaha models have a limited RPM mode to limit the top speed.

I bet if you keep looking you can find a left over ski with no issues for the same or less price. I'd pass on that deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just as a point of reference I just bought a used 2010 FX Cruiser SHO with 35 hours on it for 10,500 including the trailer. The unit was garage kept and is flawless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i was thinking that too. and i may have talked myself out of a jet ski for this season. i have a '66 ss nova that needs some finishing up and i could do some good damage with 13,000 for that car. i appreciate your input. :appl:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yea, dont take that deal, I just bought a 2009 FX HO for 10K and paid a extra 1.8K for a new double Triton trailer. I the ski is brand new out of a crate, with zero hours, and I presonaly would take that over a ski that has sitting outside. There was also alocal dealer trying to sell a 2009 SHO and a 2009 FZR both for around 10K but new, they were not out of a crate, but had been sitting inside and looked new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts