Personal Water Craft Forum banner

new to the water

1263 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Ernest T
so i have a ? im about to title and register my pwc in il i know that you get a number and a sticker now if i want to take it out of state do i need another number or just a sticker ?
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
The Dept. of Natural Resources sends you just the title, registration card, and sticker which has your registration number on it. Then you have to buy the numbers and put them on the hull.

What do you mean by "take it out of state?" If you are just going to ride in a different state and come back to IL you don't need anything but your registration card. If you are actually moving to another state you will need to register the PWC in that state and they will issue you a whole new title and number that you'll have to reapply on your hull. Unless it's a state that does not issue titles to PWC then you'll get no title.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.