Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to buy my first Waverunner this fall-winter (supposedly when prices are lowest). After a number of rides on friends machines, I've pretty much decided on an FX HO or HO Cruiser. My original plan was to look for a nice used one with low hours and less than 3 years old. After looking online at ads and at several dealers in my area, I'm finding that there doesn't appear to be as much cost savings between new and used right now. In some cases I've actually seen the price for a used model at one dealer selling for more than the same new model at another dealer.
My Questions:
==I guess that with Yamaha's you have to get beyond the 3 year point to see any significant depreciation on the used models, or do I just need to wait until later in the year to do my shopping?
==Any thoughts about new versus used for a first PWC buy?
==Is the Cruiser seat worth the extra $$$, or should I just stick with the basic model?
==What is the difference between the FX HO and the FZR models? Nobody has an FZR to look at.
Thanks for the help. I'd appreciate any other suggestions or things to look out for a first time buyer.;)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
In looking over old posts, I never realized that Ernest T, the man with the plan, the guru of go, was once a noobie. Thank you Ernest T for getting into jet skis. Everyone who follows this forum owes you a debt of gratitude. Keep up the good work.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really owe most of what I know to a good friend that is a boat and PWC mechanic, and to other much more knowledgeable folks on this and other forums, but thanks for the kind words.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts