Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to make my first post in desperation, but I'm new to this jet ski deal and I thought I would pick up a ski cheap and see how I like it. Well, cheap isn't always good.

The ski is a 97 Kawasaki 900 STX. We had trouble starting the ski when I tried it out, but it ran good once running. The price was right and I figured it just needed some maintenance so I bought it.

The first thing I did was to clean the carbs and check the reeds. The fuel adjustment screws had some corrosion on them, so I cleaned them up and figured I had the starting problem cured. After reassembling, I tried to start it and had no luck. I decided to check the spark and found that there wasn't any. I have already checked the spark boots (unscrewed them and checked the end of the wire) and they appear to be fine.

I don't have a manual yet and would like to get this thing on the water. (of course :) ) Does anyone have a direction for me?

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay...I found a manual, but it doesn't say how to check the CDI box. Are there any checks for this?

I'm also having a starter issue. It tends to kick out while cranking. Is there any way that this could effect spark? It doesn't seem like it could to me, but I read somewhere that it is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts