Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 98 yamaha gp1200 and it wont start. We thought it was the batteru so we bought a new one and it started right up. A couple days later we took it out and nothing. When u push the start button I can hear a quiet click like the selnoid is stuck. Battery has a full charge. Any guesses? Thanks for ur help.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Are you sure the battery is fully charged? These GPs are very sensative to even slightly low battery voltages. If so it sounds like the starter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yamadoo. I am pretty sure as its not even a week old battery but I will definately double check. I also just noticed an oil leak. It actually looks like the cap wont stay on tight... Do u know if there are any sort of gaskets on the oil caps?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for all the dumb questions but when I tighten it it acts like it is stripped... Is it supposed to feel liks that or did the previous owner strip it. ( I have only put oil in once). Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I tighten it it will seem snug, then I go to give it a little xtra and it is loose again. Like a stripped bolt.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You could try using some vinyl black electrician's tape around the tank threads to build them up. Similar to plumber's tape.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Where is Ernest T ?

Thanks will try that. Can anyone else think of what is wrong with my waverunner?
You need to hook up with Ernest T. He is the goto Yamaha guy. He is on this forum. Click on his name and send him a PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts